On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:05:12 +1000 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:16:33 +0530 Laxminarayan Kamath
> <kamat...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > So why not have a real fullscreen (the way apps want it) and fake
> > full screen(the way users like David Seikel want it)? That should
> > keep both
>
> david's is already covered by: 1. borderless, 1 + maximized
> (fullscreen mazimize). the app fullscreen is the "fullscreen" u see
> in the e menus and the netwm fullscrene protocol. e17 doesnt totally
> handle it right atm - its not "restricted" enough.

So, what's wrong with letting the user decide they WANT to override an
apps choice about restricting the user?  It's my computer, I want
control.  Two options - "fullscreen the way nazi programmers that want
to take over your computer want it", and "fullscreen with full user
control".  Oops, I invoked Godwin's law early.  lol

I'll say for a third time, my desires used to be covered by borderless
maximised windows, but it's broken now.