On 17:32 Sun 08 Nov     , David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys, Dmitry
>
>       I have now installed e16 and e17 on 9 (4 Arch Linux, 5 openSuSE) boxes
> and
> one thing is clear, there is a problem with the screen lock on all the
> openSuSE boxes. In the prior posts the general consensus was that there is
> some problem with the unlock interface with pam or other auth package on
> suse.
> No matter what I do, there is no way to unlock the suse boxes other than
> ctrl+f1 and killing X and restarting.

yes, the issue is well-known and SuSE/SLE specific, so i should dig some
and cook a valid patch.

the case here is a special SuSE security settings. example:

login as "root" and desklock will work.

in other words only "root" can access "pam" stuff and if you gained
"root" priviledges via "sudo" - this won't help. only "su/gksu" allow
you to access "pam" modules.

that's why i put this case in wiki:

http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Extras

regards,