Guy,

        I can't figure out why task switching feels so weird in e? I have a
feeling
that the task que (or whatever e uses to keep track of task switching) doesn't
push the current app to the top of the que so you end up having to alt+tab 5
times just to get back to the application you were just using. It is supposed
to be like that??

        Right now the task switch order is:

kmail (this email)
firefox ??
kwrite (what I was using before kmail)

(18k)
see: http://www.3111skyline.com/download/ss/e/e17/taskswitch-01.jpg

        Case-in-point, the app I was using immediately before opening this new
email
was kwrite. In the task list pop-up kwrite is now 2 down below firefox that I
haven't used since before (going backwards):

  kmail_new_msg <- kmail <- kwrite <- konsole <- firefox

        I just don't get it in e. I have to hit alt+tab multiple times almost
every
time I want to go back to the immediate prior app. Usually, in all other dt's,
the task switcher takes you back to the app you were using immediately prior
to the current app. If this is a feature, what's the secret. How do I think
like the e task switcher to know what I'm going to get when I alt+tab back?

        I have noticed that manually focussing the windows with a mouse-click
to the
title bar seems to alter the alt+tab order, but I can't determine exactly what
logic it is using. Here, for purposes of this example, I wanted to be able to
alt+tab back and forth between this email message and kwrite with a single
alt+tab, so I have tried manually focussing this email, and then kwrite by
clicking on the titlebars in sequence, but still firefox is stuck in the
middle no matter what I do.

        Now after using thunar, konqueror, firefox (to confirm the screenshot
was
available) bloody kwrite and this email are now side-by-side in the task list
and I can now alt+tab between them like I originally wanted to do, but how
they got there by going "kmail -> thunar -> konqueror -> firefox -> kmail"
completely escapes me :-(

        What way should I be looking at tast switching in e so I can understand
it?
Is it documented somewhere?

        Thanks for any insight you may have.

--