On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Andrian Nord wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:17:48AM +1100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>>> it is an argument.. why? because it's our code. our repository. those bugs
>>> have
>>> existed - i remember vaguel working on it - no,  i didn't have a link- hell
>>> dont think i had a link at the time. it was discovered, fixed so it worked
>>> and
>>> did no harm, then we moved on.
>>
>> Just in case, if we will provide working autofoo scripts (patches or etc)
>> for some
>> package, that keeps in general same behaviour as original has - will you
>> apply them?
>>
>> I'm speaking now about so called 'automagic', when particular packages
>> (including core ones, like ecore or eina) switching off/on some features
>> depending on existence of some packages and user can't explicitelly
>> request or disable this checks and builds.
>
> if there is a problem with a feature that can't be enabled/disabled while
> it should be, then it is a bug and you can open a ticket for that.

I'd not go on with separate packages for in-e17 modules, but you can
always have:

./configure --enable-moduleA --disable-moduleB
make -C src/modules/moduleA all install

the first line is actually not that important, but could save some
extra checks (most for them are simple and cached, like pkg-config
queries). But the second allow you to just compile and install the
moduleA stuff.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri