I just want to write a quick note that after many iterations of
compiling, e17 is now starting up and running on MacOS-X 10.5.8
without fink or mac ports. Using the latest Apple X11 development
release for MacOSX. I'm still working out the kinks and hope to post
more details soon. I'll definitely contribute to the wiki.
Dave