On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:23:21 -0700 Dave Ray <cl...@jonive.com> said:

> I am very close to getting e17 to finish compiling. I am getting a
> make error part way through e/data/themes/images, while edje_cc is
> running.
>
> Is svn currently stable in e/data/themes/images?
>
> I would really prefer to get help on irc without having to post this
> message. I tried #e and feel very frustrated and discouraged from the
> experience, I spent 30 minutes trying to request help and apparently
> never had posting permission, and none of the admins were answering my
> requests. I tried two different irc clients hoping the problems were
> the client. If anybody is willing to take a few minutes with me on irc
> could you please email me privately. I can't seem to post this request
> on irc directly.

you have to register your nick on freenode to post (this stops spammers simply
joining blurting something and leaving  - they need to go thru a whole
registration effort too and thus can be tracked more easily).

as for stable - yes it's stable. remember this - we eat our own dogfood. that
means most e developers update, compile and run and USE e (and efl below it of
course) as their main wm all day. if things break - they break for very short
periods before one of us goes "oh shit thats annoying" and fixes it. as it
annoys us and breaks our own wm''s.