On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Dave Ray wrote:

> Make almost finished, but I have linker errors with undefined symbols for
> VLC.
>
> Problem is, there is no .pc file in the VLC "app", and there does not appear
> to be a .a file either that I could use for -lvlc. All the libs in the
> MacOS-X app are .dylib.
>
> Would really prefer not to install duplicate VLC libs just to make emotion.
>
> I'm out of tricks. Any suggestions?

the vlc module was not working properly, according to some people. You
have to install xine or gstreamer.

Try xine (i think it will be the simplest) :

http://www.xine-project.org/releases

I think that you will just have to do

./configure
make
make install

Once xine is installed, compile emotion.

./configure   <--- no option. Verify that the xine module is selected
make
make install

Then test emotion like that:

emotion_test videofile