On Wednesday, 12 May 2010, at 15:02:50 (-0300),
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

> Well, the problem is solved, but I quite disagree with this until we
> release EFL. Some distros like Debian and RHEL have the bad habit of
> holding versions for too long. In the case of RHEL, the 6 is around
> the corner... but I doubt if someone would use E/EFL in that setup,
> it is not the kind of target audience I guess.

I use EFL on RHEL5, and I know lots of other people smart enough to
know that Fedora is not a stable or reliable platform, and if you want
your desktop to work the same way your servers do, that means RHEL on
the desktop.  And it works quite well there.

So yes, people use E and the EFL in exactly that setup.

But in terms of sheer marketing, if EFL won't build on the most
popular Linux platform in the US, if not the world, that doesn't make
RHEL look old.  It makes E look broken.  Period.  And that's bad for
us.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>