Kim Lester <kim <at> dfusion.com.au> writes:

> All,
>
> A few notes and two requests (marked *** )
>
> [...]
> Incidentally I wrote this in OO simply because writing either doxygen or xml
> is not a good way to evolve a
> large complex document. I've written large docs in TeX with vi before and
> whilst it is good for producing
> consistent output it sucks from the point of view of massive cut/pastes and
> "creative flow". Eventually
> this doc _could_ be converted to xml or tex or something but not just now.

Hi Kim,

I've been using TeX for a long time so don't get me wrong, but there exist now
new formats that encourage the creative flow, as you say, by abstracting the
formatting stuff, and that provide the source as a text file (devs love text
files... They really do. They hate binary stuff apart from edje and eet files
of course.), so the manual could also be versioned on the official svn repo.
It could even be provided as README-like files.

Such formats include AsciiDoc, RestructuredText, Textile, Markdown, etc.

I am personally using AsciiDoc for, well... nearly everything I write when
it's a bit technical. If you think it's a good idea to see what it looks like,
give me a hour or two to convert your doc tomorrow and I'll show you the result.

I'm not the right person to talk about the content though, but I appreciate
the effort very much. Good doc makes enjoyable software.

-Lionel