On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:30:33 -0500 Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com> said:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:19:31 -0800
> Michael Jennings <m...@kainx.org> wrote:

> > > One important differences is that it picks up M if you have any local
> > > changes.
> >
> > Check again. :)
> >
> > Michael
> >
> Unless I get some negative replies, I'm going to go through and make this
> change across trunk/

i'd say no - why change what works just to make the shell script shorter by a
bit? michael already made a point - you will get the M. by changing this you:

1. risk breaking things where grep isn't a full gnu grep
2. change the numbers to include things that were filtered out before

for what gain? some "shell script purity"? no. i say no. it works. it's been
tested widely by now. don't break it. there is no gain in changing it.