On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:13:47 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

> > the doc didnt even say what the return of the progress func does - that bit
> > of the doc refers to something unrelated. i fixed the docs to document the
> > return value.
>
> you didn't answer my question. Again I paste the doc:
>

>   * The
>   * @p progress_cb is called during the download operation, each time a
>   * packet is received or when CURL wants. It can be used to display the
>   * percentage of the downloaded file. Return 0 from this callback if provided
>   * to continue the operation or anything else to abort the download. The only
>   * operations that can be aborted are those with protocol 'http' or 'ftp'. In
>   * that case @p job_ret can be filled. It can be used with
>   * ecore_file_download_abort() or ecore_file_download_abort_all() to
>   * respectively abort one or all download operations
>
> So it says:
>
> 1) if one returns 0 to the progress cb, one aborts the download
> 2) if we want to abort the download, we can use the job.
>
> Questions:
>
> a) which on is the correct way to abort a download ?
>
> b) don't you think it's a design error to allow abortion for a callback
> that is used to get informations (the progress callback) ?
>
> So, please, answer these questions precisely.

i didn't write the function. i have no answer for you. i simply documented its
current behavior. it's staying as-is because that's how it is, how it now
works, how code that depends on it now is expecting it to work. i see no reason
why the progress callback couldnt abort by return value - eg if download amount
is too big (maximum download limit). i'm not going to get into a debate on
minutiae of a callback right now before release. it stays as-is. too bad. too
late. if it mattered then this should have been brought up years ago when this
function was written.