>try same trick with PYTHONPATH before running editje :)
>And don't forget to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>before editje invocation too

Sure Danny, this is required but not quite enough.  I finally managed to start
editje after the following trick:

cd /usr/local/lib
ln -s libevas-ver-pre-svn-07.so.0.9.9 libevas.so.1
ln -s libeina-ver-pre-svn-07.so.0.9.9 libeina.so.1

I think there is something *really* wrong in the editje config/build/install
process.  Or maybe it is in python or in cython, or in Pyrex, or the EFL, or
whatever. No time to sort it out. I just hope editje will be stable despite my
ugly hacks.

Many thanks again for your support :-)

                François