Hi Tom,

SegmentControl uses elm_label internally ( for font size reduction to
fit the text and for ellipsis ).  There is a bug in elm_label  which
makes segment control crash on opensource SVN.
We will submit patch for elm_label to fix the issue.

And, detail on Segment control Widget:  Segment control groups toggle
button kind of items  and allows only one item to be in selected state.
In overall, it will look like a Single button, with multiple segments
and any one segment can be in selected state.

ui-mirroring : This is not show stopper, and prefer to make follow on
patch.  Hope this is okay.

Regards,
Govind