On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:54:53 +0200 (CEST) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
> said:
>

>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Enlightenment SVN wrote:
>>
>>> Log:
>>> some readme fun
>>>

>>> Author:       raster
>>> Date:         2011-04-26 00:46:01 -0700 (Tue, 26 Apr 2011)
>>> New Revision: 58922
>>> Trac:         http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/58922
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>  trunk/evas_generic_loaders/README
>>>
>>> Modified: trunk/evas_generic_loaders/README
>>> ===================================================================
>>> --- trunk/evas_generic_loaders/README       2011-04-26 07:29:30 UTC (rev
>>> 58921) +++ trunk/evas_generic_loaders/README        2011-04-26 07:46:01 UTC
>>> (rev 58922) @@ -1,2 +1,27 @@
>>> Additional "generic" loaders for Evas that are stand-alone executables
>>> -evas may run from its generic loader module
>>> +evas may run from its generic loader module.
>>> +
>>> +Generic loaders currently provided:
>>> +
>>> +  XCF (.xcf .xcf.gz)
>>> +
>>> +Wanted:
>>> +
>>> +  RAW
>>> +    (libopenraw1 ??)
>>> +  PDF
>>> +    (use -key option to specific what page to get and load options for size
>>> +     and use poppler and/or mupdf - look at epdf)
>>> +  PS
>>> +    (use -key option to specific what page to get and load options for size
>>> +     and use ghostscript (libgs) to render etc.)
>>
>> what is the interest compared to eyesight/epdf/eps ?
>
> trivial thumbnailing. not intended for full ps/pdf control. also to avoid the
> gpl issue in epdf. you could have a loader use evas itself and epdf etc. if u
> wanted. it'd work. use buffer engine and render to memory. i'm not that fussed
> really.

I've looked a bit at the xcf code. Why are you doing a binary and not a
lib ? (having an init, shutdown, head and data functions)

Also, maybe you could add a library that implment common code. I think
about shm_alloc and shm_free, that are (almost) not related to the loader.
(shm_alloc needs the name of the loader, and one would have to apss a
pointer for the stored values like shm_fd, etc...)

Vincent