Dear all,

A few days ago I installed a game that also placed a .desktop file on my Desktop
and in the games menu. But both entries give an error 126 when it tries to start
the launcher. This launcher script picks the executable to run depending on the
architect. The launcher script uses relative paths to execute the game. I went
into the .desktop file and found Path key that was set to the launcher's path.

I did some tests and found that enlightenment was not setting the working
directory to this Path key before executing the command. For the .desktop file
on
my Desktop it was using the working directory ~/Desktop. When using the entry
in the menu it uses my home as the working directory. Both are wrong when the
path key is set and the type key is equal to Application.

I also test the same .desktop files under gnome. From which the game was
launched without problems.

I do not know if this bug is know or that it has been fixed. I tried to sweep
the bug
report and the mailting lists. But the search keys are very general and gave me
abundant hits.

At this moment I am running e17 from svn revision 56278.

Kind regards,

Mark-Willem Jansen
P.S.: This is the second time I send this e-mail. The first time it did not
show up in
the archives.