Yes, they must be updated or removed. We're doing that with gentoo: we have
testing packages in enlightenment's svn until they are merged by upstream.

On May 19, 2011 3:05 PM, "PaulTT" <pau...@gmail.com> wrote:

i compile my own debian packages since long ago
and i'm happy with that, so i can control the revision i compile and
be stable for a while or try new releases or go back to previous state

anyway, i also use 'my' debian directories to biuld the packages, i
noticed that in packaging/debian, there are the skeletons of those
dirs, but they're not the ones used by debian developpers....
(they are located something around
here:git://git.debian.org/pkg-e/libs/ , so apt-get source says)

why is that?

is there a need to update the ones under packaging? i can do that, if
it's necessary

by, thanx, PaulTT