On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why is stringshare not used for labels in genlist/gengrid? It seems stupid
> that
> such a commonly used widget does not take advantage of stringshares...

No idea, raster did it that way... it remained that way. Makes perfect sense
to me, most of the times you'll get the label from a stringshared resource
and then stick it into stringshared resource (evas/edje).

I guess he did it like that since his test code was creating strings
dynamically with snprintf("Item %d", counter);

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems