On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:56:03 -0400 Youness Alaoui
<kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net> said:

> Because I bumped into the problem myself so of course I'll try to debug it,
> and I didn't do it because you told me to. As for the fix, did you have a

i can't order you to do anything - but you need to read what i wrote. as a
summary, i said - help out and do things, instead of telling others what to do.
if this had been done since the last major review of the todo list in
march we'd be there already. you can tell others what to do all you like. they
don't have to listen to a single word, just the same as you don't have to do
anything either when i say "help out".

i'm using the release as a stick or a carrot to beat or bait people into
helping out. i can't fire you or offer you a bonus or money, so those "normal"
sticks and carrots are not able to be used, so i use a different one. i'm
trying to use your own motivation for release. i wish your motivation would
make you rise to the challenge rather than just have a "release or bust"
view.

open source works at a nuts and bolts level because people do things. projects
start and move forward because someone does the hard yards. almost every open
source project started life as a one-man project and it was that one man that
got it up and running and to the point others might pitch in and scratch their
itches or help even do things that are needed. it then became a team effort
with no hard way to control the people working on it. projects offer  carrots
in the following ways: 1. name attached to project for bragging rights, 2. the
ability to influence, control etc. something. 3. the satisfaction of a "job
well done" in the end (seeing what u slaved on going gold), 4. if u are lucky
the project may create a way to generate income from it for yourself. the
sticks available are: 1. shaming people into doing things (guilt trips etc.),
2. ejection from privileges (like commit access, banning from irc, removal from
mailing lists etc.). that's about it.

i'm trying to use both a stick and a carrot. i'm trying to get you to accept
some of the blame for a bad e17 release if you are the one pushing for it, as
well as then getting some credit if it's good. right now you are pushing for
what i believe is a slightly premature action.

> look? I'm not sure it's done properly, the 'needed' var seems a bit
> overkill to do the check (didn't have time figure it out properly). Also, I
> was wondering if there wouldn't be a better solution to do if no gadget is
> resizable.

yes i looked. that was the first thing i did. along with counting it as
your first commit to e17according to logs. actually its "right" in that the
logic is right - i was only testing when i had 1 gadget or more being
autoscrollable - thus resizable. i didnt remember about "zero gadgets
resizable" and thus maybe getting that loop. my bad there. i was making taskbar
usable. i'm running it myself right now even though i really despise having it
on my screen to make sure it at least "works for me" :)