On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 06:33:09 -0800 "Enlightenment SVN"
<no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:

> Log:
> A few basic docs, just to show the sort of structure I'm aiming for.
>
>   I don't know doxygen, and doxygen don't seem to quite understand
> what I want. Which is to document the lua side of things, but having
> the docs near the C functions that define them.  Help me out please
> doxygen experts.
>   Note the problem with edje:rect().
>
>   Or I could just write one big blob.  Ewwww.

I'm putting this up so that people that actually know doxygen can help
me out.

Basically I want to document the lua API itself, not the C code, so
that lua scripters know how to work with it. The lua API is created by
the C code though, so that's where the doc comments go.  Doxygen however
does not understand about creating lua docs from the underlaying C.

I had just reorganised the code to be better for programmers to read.
This does not work well with the doxygen I have in this example
though.  Note how the edje:rect() description is out of place.

So I want to have the doc comments near the C function that implements
any given lua function or "class".  But then I need doxygen to neatly
list the classes, with their functions in a single group.  Preferably
with the inheritance details also mentioned.

Yes, I know that I'll have to manually enter details about function
arguments, return values, etc.  Doxygen wont be able to sort that out.
The question is, how do I convince doxygen to gather things together
and group them nicely on the page?