On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> it's a hell for you, maybe. I've tried to twek cmake files, and i
>>> didn't undrestand how to do what i wanted. It's a matter of learning a
>>> langage.
>>
>> We'll stay and help, it's not a drop and run thing. Don't worry.
>>
>> And as for learning the language. I do know, both actually. Some of
>> the helper m4 files were written by me, like the optional plugin used
>> by e17.
>>
>> I can guarantee you, I just came to like cmake after I tried it. And
>> even being autofoo person since 1998 I find my way easier on cmake
>> than autofoo.

>>> for win32, i've already replied.
>>
>> Yes, for the current solution. But is that the final solution?
>> Wouldn't it be better to integrate more natively with win32 apis if
>> there was manpower to help fix the VS bugs?
>
> fixing bugs ? well, it's mainly about asm : the syntax is different
> (intel vs AT&T). If you want to support both syntaxes....
>
> and yes, there's also some of the c99 features used in the efl and not
> supported by vc++. Feel free to fix them. I prefer cross compiling,
> nowadays
>

>>> again, it's a matter of learning a "langage".
>>
>> compare adding an option at autoconf and cmake:
>>
>> cmake:
>> OPTION(NAME "Some documentation for help" INIT_VAL)
>>
>> autoconf:
>> AC_ARG_ENABLE(NAME,
>>  AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-NAME], [Some documentation for help
>> @<:@default=detect@:>@]),
>>  [NAME=$enableval],
>>  [NAME=INIT_VAL]
>> )
>>
>> seems very close, right? but if someone drops [] it will work, except
>> in some cases that requires quotes, etc. It's tricky.
>
> I forgot to say : is there a --help option with cmake ?

couple of interesting variants, see
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Autotools_to_CMake_Transition_Guide

# similar to ./configure --help, show variables, defaults and
documentation string
cmake $DIR -LH

# similar to linux kernel "make config"
cmake $DIR -i

# similar to linux kernel "make menuconfig"
# http://www.cmake.org/cmake/img/ccmake.png
ccmake $DIR

# similar to linux kernel "make xconfig"
# http://screenshots.debian.net/package/cmake-qt-gui
cmake-gui $DIR

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri