Hi all,

sorry for not being able to join
the irc debug session last evening...

though it seems we have have narrowed
the problem down to a peculiar comibination
of HW (ATI HD 5770/5750), e17 ver,
xorg version and x org drivere version.

just trying get a more clear picture
I'm running X.Org X Server 1.10.4
with fglrx used as video driver (defined
in xorg.conf) installed using

apt-get install fglrx-updates

on an ubuntu box ver 11.10, that's
the output of uname -a:

Linux suino 3.0.0-14-server #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 21 20:49:05 UTC 2011 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Mike what's your xorg version and
which driver are you using for your
5770?

I'm going to try to configure my Xorg
dropping the binary only driver and using
instead the one provided by:

xserver-xorg-video-radeon

i.e.

http://www.x.org/wiki/radeon