On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:57:53 -0500 mh <mhe...@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2011, at 1:24 PM, mh wrote:

> >> I'd like you to start e via gdb (compile e with debugging symbols,
> >> see our wiki). Then break on _e_randr_crtc_info_set and step
> >> through that function until bad things (crash) happens.
> >
> > Will do and let you know what I find here.
>
> Ok, I installed gdb, downloaded the latest 66482 from svn. Followed
> the wiki and rebuilt the EFLs after export CFLAG=-g. Now I'm stuck.
> From the wiki it seems that I should start e, then when it crashes
> start gdb and break on _e_randr_crtc_info_set. Not sure how to do
> that. Help appreciated.

Ah no.  You need to have gdb start E,not connect gdb to E after. Then
set a break point on the above mentioned function before running E
inside of gdb.  Then single step from there when it reaches that break
point.

There is a script called xdebug.sh in the E source that should help
with some of that.