On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Hyoyoung Chang <hyoyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> This patch introduces four new apis about elm_gen{list, grid} item
>> class managements.
>> itc_add function makes a new item_class for the given widget.
>> And itc_del function remove the item_class from the widget.
>>
>> Most of elm_gen{list, grid} users declare itc(item_class) as a global
>> variable.
>> Because itc should be lived at elm_gen{list,grid} item's life cycle.
>> It's inconvenient for users. Even some users pass itc.
>>
>> itc_add makes a new itc. if exact one exists in the given widget, it
>> return the previous made itc.
>> itc_del remove a itc if its reference count reaches at zero.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> EAPI Elm_Genlist_Item_Class *
>> elm_genlist_itc_add(Evas_Object *obj, const char *item_style,
>>                    Elm_Genlist_Item_Text_Get_Cb text_cb,
>>                    Elm_Genlist_Item_Content_Get_Cb content_cb,
>>                    Elm_Genlist_Item_State_Get_Cb state_cb,
>>                    Elm_Genlist_Item_Del_Cb del_cb);
>> EAPI void
>> elm_genlist_itc_del(Evas_Object *obj, Elm_Genlist_Item_Class *itc);
>> EAPI Elm_Gengrid_Item_Class *
>> elm_gengrid_itc_add(Evas_Object *obj, const char *item_style,
>>                    Elm_Gengrid_Item_Text_Get_Cb text_cb,
>>                    Elm_Gengrid_Item_Content_Get_Cb content_cb,
>>                    Elm_Gengrid_Item_State_Get_Cb state_cb,
>>                    Elm_Gengrid_Item_Del_Cb del_cb);
>> EAPI void
>> elm_gengrid_itc_del(Evas_Object *obj, Elm_Gengrid_Item_Class *itc);
>
> I dislike it, one can easily do this kind of stuff using item_del_cb().

> And really, majority of developers should NEVER use this, the global
> static-const is the correct way to go, making sure memory is live,
> unchanged, no mallocs, etc.

Thanks for your reply. This patch has an assumption that application
can alloc itc memory dynamically.
If itc-dynamic-allocation is not recommended, do you have to use
global variable for itc?
For a huge app that uses many c sources, we can't force them to use
global static :(

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)