On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:43:00 +0200 Tom Hacohen
<tom.haco...@partner.samsung.com> wrote:

> There's another big reason for using shadow warnings and that's
> removing variables, I almost dismissed this reason myself, but
> luckily Gustavo set me straight. For example, lets assume you wrote a
> piece of code that uses a local variable called index. After a while
> you decide to refactor the code and consequentially you remove the
> local declaration of index. Because you previously shadowed a
> declaration, the current usages of the variable index are still legal
> (although you removed the relevant local declaration) and the code
> will depend on uninitialized/unrelated values.

In the case of y1, the difference between a function and a variable
will be noticed by the compiler.  It will complain anyway.  Without
actually looking things up, I suspect the same will apply to index.

Hmm, just noticed that with -Wshadow, ALL of EFL was failing to
compile.  So I've removed it again.

BTW, I just looked up what Bessel functions are.  I really doubt they
will ever be used anywhere at all in edje.  Well, unless raster wants
to get really fancy with his new sound stuff and add funky audio
filters.  I also now know what half integers are, and why it's an
important mathematical concept.  Ah the things they don't teach you in
high school maths.