On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:01:27 +0200 Tom Hacohen
<tom.haco...@partner.samsung.com> wrote:

> On 19/01/12 14:56, David Seikel wrote:
>  > In the case of y1, the difference between a function and a variable
>  > will be noticed by the compiler.  It will complain anyway.  Without
>  > actually looking things up, I suspect the same will apply to index.
>  >

> True, but that's not the point. The point is that -Wshadow is useful,
> even very useful, but having efl compile with a ton of warnings will
> make a mess and hide all the other useful warnings. This means that
> we need to fix all the shadow warnings in all of EFL, even the stupid
> ones.

I wonder what other ultra paranoid warnings we will have to "fix" in
the future?  Is there a -Wyou-spelled-edge-wrong-you-dimwit in gcc?

>  > Hmm, just noticed that with -Wshadow, ALL of EFL was failing to
>  > compile.  So I've removed it again.
>
> Those are just warnings,as long as you don't have -Werror set, you
> should be fine...

Actually it was failing at the autogen stage every time.  I don't have
-Werror turned on.

I just started getting other mysterious errors to.  Something wonky
going on right now.  I really did not want to update my SVN right now
anyway.  I just needed to in order to revert your commit. sigh