Hi,

We did have a quick thinking about elm_panel. In it's current form,
its usage is very limited. For example, if you want your content to be
always visible and aligned on the side of the panel. It's currently
impossible to do so. In my opinion panel should be a property of
Elementary window. It would then be possible to have the content of
the window take all the background or align on the panel content. This
would cover much more case in my opinion. And I know, it's very easy
to add an elm_layout that would replace elm_panel, just I want
something part of the main theme and usefull for every one.
   Does anyone have some though about this object ?

Regards,
--
Cedric BAIL