2012/5/23 ChunEon Park <her...@naver.com>:
> No care about it actually. but I just said for the maintainence .
>
> If u need to change the buffer type to support unicode or whatever else,
> then you need to modify all of lines where you refered the buffer pointer as
> 1 size.
>
> If u miss those lines, then BOOM!@
>
> And I think that is not just regards with coding style but the programming
> skill.
>
> The answer just raster said. is not enough neither.

We use utf8 everywhere, except in Eina_Unicode that Evas uses
internally. If you decide to suddenly switch how to handle strings
in our code you'll have much bigger problems than just the type
and size of one buffer.
It's fine to think about how things may change in the future, but
there's a limit to it. Otherwise, what about the case when quantum
computing is a common thing and bits are no longer are limited to 1 and 0?
Should we start taking that case into account all over our code?