On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 08:31:29 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 5, 2012, Christopher Michael wrote:
>

> > I suppose commit messages like this one:
> >
> > "THE MOST IMPORTANT COMMIT IN THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY"
> >
> > or
> >
> > "BAD CEDRIC!"
> >
> > do make sense to you ??
>

> Actually they did, in our way they were meaningful.
>
> The first calls the author, Cedric, to review the patch.
>
> The second was the most unimportant change, and it was 1 empty line
> removed. Easy to read.
>
> Your was none of these, sorry but it was quite bad

Give Devilhorns a break.  He did fix up that stuff later, and the lack
of proper commits was already done to death on this list.  We don't
have to rake over those coals again.  From what I understand, he's
dealing with a bad situation, the Tizen developers not having our same
standards for their commit messages, and poor devilhorns has to deal
with big blobs of changes and no messages.

In other words, don't shoot the messenger after he's already been
shot.  That tends to piss them off even more.