On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 16:46:03 -0300
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> I'm not sure about RPM, but at least for Debian they do recommend to
> NOT have these in SVN as the packaging info are per-distro. Remember
> maemo x debian x ubuntu all had different packages due different
> ChangeLog and also some minor differences in control files?

Maybe that's a point where .deb files are inferior to .rpm files? :)

In specs you are supposed to use certain variables in order to define
where to put things.

It's a distribution's responsibility to choose whether %sysconfdir
is /etc or /config

>From the spec PoV, nothing changed.

Rui

PS: some RPM based distros work better than others... of course.