On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org> wrote:
> I hate OBS with a vengeance.
>
> How can you trust a remote server to have really built what you wanted?
>
> Also, I sign my rpms digitally when I release them, how can I do that
> when I don't know what or how they were compiled? :)
>
> OBS is a bad thing IMHO, and there shouldn't be incentives to use it.

you can (or not) trust the entity managing the servers and service.

but it's way more reliable than locally build, as you may mess with
the dependencies or have buids that you cannot reproduce elsewhere.
This is a problem with EFL, as we automagic detect some dependencies
and enable/disable the behavior...

If you forgot to add "eio" as dependency for edje, but had eio
installed... your RPM would create binaries that link against it, but
does not depend on it with your spec

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems