Sebastian Dransfeld, il 07/11/2012 15:33, ha scritto:

> I guess this can be a consequence of my efreet changes. Try deleting
> ~/.cache/efreet and try again.

it was the first thing I tried. currently ~/.efreet is empty, but applications
are still not run.

> Can you attach your .order file, or send it directly to me?

it is really short:

max@rubino:~$ cat ./.e/e/applications/startup/.order
brightness.desktop
tmax.desktop
pidgin.desktop
thunderbird.desktop
firefox.desktop
max@rubino:~$ file ./.e/e/applications/startup/.order
./.e/e/applications/startup/.order: ASCII text
max@rubino:~$ ls -l ./.e/e/applications/startup/.order
-rw-r--r-- 1 max max 83 lug 11 13:56 ./.e/e/applications/startup/.order

brightness.desktop runs a simple script which sets the correct backlight
level, and tmax.desktop points to another script which sets tmux and runs
terminology. both of them were always working, and still works if I run it
through evry.

the only thing that changed was that now I've built also edbus, because I've
read here that efreet would not start without it. the build order I used was
this:
eina eet eobj evas evas_generic_loaders ecore embryo eio edje e_dbus edbus
efreet eeze e

is this correct?

--

  Massimo Maiurana               GPG keyID #7044D601

  La fede e' credere in cio' che sai non essere vero
                    [Mark Twain]