On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Luis Felipe Strano Moraes
> <luis.str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com
> >wrote:

> >> people,
> >> the
> releasing,

> >> helping
> that.
> >> I've
> they
> everything
> >> and
> as

> >> as i've already stated, that new mailing list is useless, as there is
> >> already the announce ML, where all the previous alpha are already
> >> announced...
> >>

> > As I've already replied elsewhere, but just to make it clear, the two
> lists
> > have *completely* different purposes. The release mailing list is *not*
> for
> > announcing stuff.
>
> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/announce
>
> "To proclaim the presence or arrival of"
>
> when you send a mail about the release of e17, you proclaim the
> arrival of that release, so...

Vincent,

there are two mailing lists:

1) enlightenment-announce, where e-mails are *only* sent by pre-authorized
people in order to proclaim the presence or arrival of a new release;
2) enlightenment-release, where the people interested in helping with said
release (in a more organizational matter), package said release and/or help
with improving our testing support gather to discuss.

The enlightenment-devel and enlightenment-users have quite specific
use-cases IMHO, and we thought better to create a separate mailing list for
that. So far it seems that the creation was welcome by everyone except for
youserlf. Though I hate to see it cause such sort of troubles, unless more
people vote in favor of erasing it I'll vote to keep it and continue using
it.

Best regards,
Luis Felipe

> Vincent