On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 12:53:26 +0100 Joel Klinghed <the...@spawned.biz> said:

> On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 11:25:58 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 17:46:54 +0100 Joel Klinghed <the...@spawned.biz>
> > said:
> >
> > > I'm sending this again after waiting 12+ hours for the last mail to
> > > end up on the list. Sorry if it ends up being delivered twice.

> > > In the efl tree, yes.
> > > eina-1.7 branch still has the problem but perhaps it's not serious
> > > enough? Also noticed that the eet-1.7 branch has the same problem.
> > > I've included updated patches for the 1.7 branches anyway.
> >
> > eina changed to
> >
> > EFL_CHECK_FUNCS([eina], [dirfd dlopen dladdr fnmatch iconv shm_open
> > setxattr])
> >
> > in the 1.7 branch ... but the m4 macro is broken it seems.
>
> Ah, right. I mainly concentrated on the fact that the configure test
> failed still ;)

> > > Not fixed on eet-1.7 branch.
> >
> > hmm my bad - indeed 1.7 doesnt have it fixed.

> > > I've included an patch for the merged efl tree.
> > > Also an updated patch for the evas-1.7 and ecore-1.7 branches.
> >
> > no ecore one attached.
> >
> > so now this is up to date... i'll base my comments on the efl merged
> > patch. why do you use "X_CFLAGS" and "X_LIBS" (i also spot
> > X_PRE_LIBS)? are they not detectable by just modifying your regular
> > CFLAGS and LDFLAGS before configure is run? why does this need a
> > special set of env vars? basically - what about the existing setup is
> > broken/doesnt work right there? i smell some other issue...
>
> Right, forgot the ecore one, included this time.
>
> X_CFLAGS, X_LIBS, X_PRE_LIBS and X_EXTRA_LIBS are all set by
> AC_PATH_XTRA. So not env vars.
> They are more or less what x_cflags and x_libs ends up being.
>
> AC_PATH_X on the other hand sets x_includes and x_libraries.
>
> I could have used x_includes and x_libraries instead but then I would
> had to move the header and lib checks below the x_lib, x_cflags, x_libs
> calculations as I don't want to do that work twice.
>
> To summarise, my problem is that AC_PATH_X and AC_PATH_XTRA full and
> well find my X11 path (/usr/xorg as it happens) but the next test
> AC_CHECK_HEADER([X11/X.h]) fails because it doesn't use any of the
> results from those macros.

ok... so hereĀ“s the question. it seems you are putting xorg in its own prefix
ala the good old /usr/X11R6 (or /usr/xorg now)... which has kind of been
dropped as a standard x location amongst a lot of distros/os's - why should
this be handled specially anymore when adding -I/usr/xorg/include and
-L/usr/xorg/lib to your $CFLAGS and $LDFLAGs (also maybe adjust
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH).. exactly like you need to do with
every other package you install from scratch this is why fribidi was a problem
- right? u put it in /usr/fribidi or something?) ... ? i'm just wondering here
why we need to add even more autofluff special cases here when it's becoming
increasingly less common and env vars solve the problem in a ingle universal
common way for every case like this? :)

> > > configure.ac check merged, but I don't see the fix for the source
> > > files? Included patch for both the merged efl tree and the evas-1.7
> > > branch for those.
> >
> > in svn.

> > > Missed that the wizard has it's own code for looking up the rules,
> > > included a patch for that based on the enlightenment-0.17.0 branch.
> >
> > in svn.

> > > Tested on current 1.7 branches with e17 from the 0.17.0 branch,
> > > works now with no troubles. Great.
> > >
> > > /JK
> >
> > this was a joke? :) /jk :)
>
> No-one has ever done that connection before, weird ;)
>
> /Joel Klinghed

awwww! now i can giggle anymore! :)