On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:28:32 +0000 Michael Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:26:22 -0200
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Michael Blumenkrantz
> > <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > while I agree that it's misused in most cases, I still see no
> > > better alternative for a desktop music player gui. the ability to
> > > dynamically see/sort aligned rows containing artist/track/title
> > > does not seem to be replaceable.
> >
> > It's a matter of getting used. For instance, I'm using iTunes
> > (http://www.apple.com/itunes/whats-new/) and like the new GUI, they
> > still have that view as an options, and that's the view when you
> > choose "all music", but they have these other that are nice to use:
> >
> >    -
> > http://images.apple.com/itunes/whats-new/images/redesigned_player_albumview.jpg
> > you click the album and it expands in line with the music.
> >    -
> > http://images.apple.com/itunes/whats-new/images/redesigned_player_bonusfeatures1.jpg
> > similar to the album, you click the artist and it will show albums
> > and top music.
> >    - http://37signals.com/svn/images/itunes-album-view-large.jpg
> > previous album view, in list-like mode.
> >
> > The last one is more similar to a list, but as you can see it's not
> > a regular list, as some cells are expanded vertically inside an
> > album. So it's a custom widget/view as well.
> >
> > --
> > Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> > http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
> > --------------------------------------
> > MSN: barbi...@gmail.com
> > Skype: gsbarbieri
> > Mobile: +55 (19) 9225-2202
>
> hm that's kinda neat. I suppose I could see getting used to that, and
> it would look nice if I wanted something to show off, but I'd still
> prefer my extremely bland column-view for everyday use :/

/me scratches his head.

Er, that's a table, evas supports tables, edje supports tables,
elementary supports tables.  Pffft

Have you all vanished up your "we do things differently" arseholes so
far that none of you recognised a plain old ordinary table?  No
disrespect intended.  B-)

BTW, tables are used on phones.  It's not something that is old
fashioned and people are moving away from.  Tables have their good
uses.  Try doing a spreadsheet without one.  Some popular file browsers
use tables by default to.  E17 uses tables.

Nooow, as for Elementary not really being a desktop widget set, I though
it's job was to support desktops as well as everything else?  To be the
widget set to end all widget sets so that EFL no longer had two
different widget sets?  To be as usable on the desktop as it is on
mobile phones and such?  So that you only need to write one app for
all?  Do we need to write a desktop widget set now?  And what about the
plans to use elementary as the widget set for E18?  Um, e18 is a
desktop thingy.  B-)