I don't know. All I know is that with it, it breaks, without it it works.
If I had to guess, I would say that probably
with your patch applies we get some different device ids for the main
cursor that trigger more events which cause
the selection to get disabled. I will investigate it tomorrow, as I'm not
at the office today and I don't have the same setup here.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:31:21 +0000 Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com>
> said:
>
> > On 19/02/13 15:32, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > > On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:16:06 +0000 Tom Hacohen <
> tom.haco...@samsung.com>

> > > how did that cause that? this was a request from webkit devs to not
> filter
> > > these out.
> > >

> > I don't know, but fact is, that reverting it fixes it for me.
> >
> > You commented out:
> >            if (((atdev) && (atdev->use != XIMasterPointer)) ||
> >
> > I.e a path that was before only called for the non master pointer, maybe
> > it's called on the master now as well which filter that out?
> >
> > I don't know, I don't really know much about xinput.
>
> this is what i'm wondering here... i didn't see any other issues with
> it... how
> is it causing this genlist thing... button clicks and so on all still
> worked
> seemingly fine...

> The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    ras...@rasterman.com

Tom.