On 02/19/2013 05:31 PM, Tom Hacohen wrote:
> On 19/02/13 15:32, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:16:06 +0000 Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com>
>> said:
>>
>>> Hey Carsten,
>>>
>>> It was you who broke my genlists. :) I reverted your patch.
>>
>> how did that cause that? this was a request from webkit devs to not filter
>> these out.
>>

> I don't know, but fact is, that reverting it fixes it for me.
>
> You commented out:
>             if (((atdev) && (atdev->use != XIMasterPointer)) ||

So - since I am the guy who asked for this. This line causes all
RawTouch* updated to be filtered and not making it through to any app
level callbacks. I have a normal Ubuntu 12.10 setup with a recent X that
has XInput 2.2 - There's a master pointer, and as a slave pointers to
that there is a trackpad and a touchscreen. So, in this code atdev is
the parent to the touchscreen and atdev->use in my setup is
XIMasterPointer => nothing gets through.

IIRC Carsten explained that he added that code originally because he was
getting duplicate events for Master & Slave Pointers. This code was
supposed to help with this. For this, the code seems like a workaround,
not a solution.

By putting it back in, we'll have the same problem with not receiving
the Touch/Multi events.

So, it'd be good to find what the cause of the regression really is.

Dominik

--
Dominik Röttsches <dominik.rottsc...@intel.com>