Yes, of course, the data needs to be initialized and destroyed for the
new feature, hence that much was added to the existing  init and destroy
functions in the Wayland engine code.

>What do you need it for anyway? I mean, if it's for developers,
>developers should just apply this patch locally... An alternative thing
>to consider, is to wait until early next week when we'll most likely
>migrate the legacy efl dirs and then add your own 1.7 for wayland devs
>branch. I just don't see the point of having it in core branch.

This feature will allow users of the EFL/Wayland API to take advantage
of custom Wayland protocol extensions.  The Wayland global protocols
need to be accessible for that to work.  In my case, it's so that I can write
automated functional tests that need to bind to a custom Wayland test
protocol extension to do more aggressive validation of EFL/Wayland
functionality.  But, I don't see why an EFL/Wayland application developer
couldn't take advantage of it, too, without forcing them to do a custom
EFL compilation.