On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:50:29 +0200 Boris Faure <bo...@fau.re> said:

> On 13-04-18 14:20, Gustavo Lima Chaves wrote:
> > * Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> [2013-04-19 00:36:01 +0900]:
> >
> > Sirs, what we really need and want is configurable keybindings in the
> > terminal, just like yakuake/konsole have. It's too bad not to have
> > options here.
>
> I hate to be that guy, but feel free to chime in and code it :)
> This is not my priority, nor raster's.
> Terminology is a fancy terminal emulator.
> I take care of the "terminal emulator" part and raster of the "fancy"
> part.
> There is room for others. Here is a perfect example.

indeed. right NOW terminology needs to become a good terminal emulator in terms
of vt100/escapes and it has to have its extended features polished and working
well. totally configurable bindings is not even on the TODO at the moment and
frankly that opens up a whole new can of worms in trying to stuff it into the
current code. we might eventually do it, but it's not "immediate".

for NOW... can we agree on a set of bindings for switching to specific tabs
directly? ie without configurability. regardless if there was
configurability... these would have to be the defaults anyway.

so back to the question - what should they be? i'm letting this debate thread
be a place for people to vote and toss in suggestions.

so we have:

a) alt+1,2,3...9,0
b) ctrl+f1,f2,F3....F9,f10
c) crtl+1,2,3...9,0

any more suggestions? (other than writing a whole bindings abstraction layer or
removing the feature entirely/making the whole feature and set of bindings a
checkbox - not something i want to do at this stage)