On Wed, 1 May 2013 22:04:23 +0900 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> said:

> Or force a sync on the device. As long as nobody remove the usb drive
> until the umount did succeed, data will be safe.

then the bug becomes "my system is really slow while copying files" or "the
progress bar hangs at 100% for ages" ... etc. the only way to do it is to do
fsync() directly during the copy and then people just get upset at how slow
file ops become compared to "cp" or "mv" which they then complain are so much
faster...