> Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:42:35 +1000
> From: onef...@gmail.com
> To: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [E-devel] E18 CFBugs
>

> On Tue, 21 May 2013 05:33:58 -0500 Doug Newgard <scimmi...@outlook.com>
> wrote:

>>> Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:21:02 +0100
>>> From: michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com
>>> To: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>>> Subject: [E-devel] E18 CFBugs
>>>
>>> Not to be confused with last year's Call For Beards, this is an
>>> open call for people to submit any outstanding bug reports for E18.
>>>
>>> Known issues:
>>>
>>> * Window shading doesn't "shade"
>>> * Keyboard movement of windows between desks/screens may be broken
>>> * Shaped windows
>>>

>>> Please note that any feature requests masquerading as bug reports
>>> will be completely ignored.
>>
>> Do you want just the core E18 or does this include modules that are
>> shipped with E? The systray module has been borked for a long time.
>
> You will probably get the usual reply, the systray spec is borked. Any
> details on it's borkedness?

Yeah, that's why I haven't bothered filing a bug report or anything, most of
the devs seem to be somewhat violently opposed to the very existence of that
module.

With the default setting, it doesn't seem to work at all in most cases. Someone
on IRC pointed out that enabling Xembed makes it work most of the time. Even
then, it's throwing errors every time something on the shelf changes:
ERR<edje>lib/edje/edje_util.c:4106 file
/usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/default.edj, group
e/modules/systray/main/default has a non-fixed part 'e.xembed.box'. Adding
'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.

And I've recently noticed an error whenever changing the setting:
ERR<>systray/e_mod_main.c:611 safety check failed: inst == NULL