Don't forget we're talking about in-development, unreleased software. Why
should it maintain compatibility with older systems? If you're going to be
pulling software from VCS, it makes sense that it needs other things from VCS.

And Davide Andreoli, just in case  Nikolas Arend's post wasn't clear, current
trunk is not building for me with E18 built less than 12 hours ago. Same error.