On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:10:45 +0100 Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com> said:

> On 17/07/13 15:04, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Hello.

> >> As I said, I'm not sure we can, as the changes are "weirder", converting
> >> va_args to normal args.
> >
> > And instead of finding out by trying it you just want to drop the idea
> > which is way better in line with what you planned anyway. :)
>
> That was the plan, but I'm willing to reconsider, as your points are valid.

how about.. you take some sample snippets of existing eo api.. and try first
and convert it? then you'll know.

if we were back at our original eo start point and this was proposed - it'd be
a very viable candidate. it has its downsides though (as i mentioned already)
and upsides too. but the one BIG BIG BIG killer of eo2 is - time. to move to
it, it would need to firstly be complete enough to replace current eo *AND* all
existing eo api suers have to convert over. conversion is the nasty part and
that will be by far the biggest time-sink. right now if we had to do it all by
hand i smell several months of work here. if you can find an automated way to
do maybe 90% of the conversion... or all of it even, then there is only
"complete eo2" which frankly is enough work anyway.

either way i am not willing to hold up efl 1.8 for this. if we change, we'd
have to change AND then leave a few months of testing to check we didnt miss
stuff/do it wrong... that assumes the change all happened today.

eo2 seems nice... but your timing is pretty crappy :)