On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 23:57:28 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@gmail.com>
said:

in principle i don't have a problem with this... but the patch as it stands
does have several issues that i'd say a "no" to right now.

1. terminal sizing is wrong. the standard 80x24 term doesnt come up at 80x24..
if the menu is CONSUMING space inside the window... :) if u dont have a global
menu daemon then this is broken. :) eg i size my term down to its smallest
size, e reports 80x5.. but its actually 80x1 - so base size and so on are not
handled properly. if the menu bar is inside the window i'd expect the window to
be a little taller by default with the 80x24 term as we saw it before a menu
bar, sitting below the menu bar, same size etc.

2. i agree look-wise its ugly as sin... admittedly dark looks better.. but its
also fat and horrible right now - work needs doing on the theme though.

3. given the ugliness of it at least right now, could there be a CONFIG option
(in elm's config) to turn it off? and have it off by default for now at least
until such a time as it behaves and looks decently?

once menus look good in elm by default - i'm willing to have it on by default
(for #3). :)