On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:01:53 -0300 Jose Souza <zehortig...@profusion.mobi>
> said:
>
>> I just push elm_app_server/client classes in elementary and the
>> implementation of they in terminology.
>>
>> http://git.enlightenment.org/core/elementary.git/log/?h=devs/zehortigoza/app_spec_impl
>
> test code - why use edje for layout? it just bloats out the complexity of the
> build and install. :) in this case there are no signals, animations or
> anything
> other than some proportional layout. a simple table would have done the job
> inside the code. :)

oops, I've missed that. I saw that in my first review but then focused
on the other bits.. Jose, please change to a simple box
horizontal=true.

> the code itself in general looks clean and neat (in elm).
>
> 1. close_all > all_close. verb at end must be. yoda speak must you do. :)

ok, but change that just in elementary API, not the d-bus one.

> 2. app client - why a cancel for a pending open only? there is kind of a race
> here. why not just have a close() and if the view isn't up yet.. it's
> cancelled
> and never shown.. if it is.. well - it goes away then. :) ? there is a close
> in
> the view class so having a cancel here may ore may not work as a race cond may
> mean the view comes up anyway... :) so maybe even remove the cancel?

two notes:
  1 - close is for actually closing the window as in user explicitly
requested it to be closed, it's not a del/unref of the object.
Consider the case you can delete your object/handle without actually
closing the requested view (from client PoV). Say you want a
persistent window-list in enlightenment in the same way as iOS (you
can reboot and it remembers your open apps).

 2 - the open will return the created view to you using a callback. If
you can't cancel, then you'll have to keep your callback data alive
otherwise when you're called to notify success/error you'll be dealing
with dead memory. It has almost nothing to do with actual window
close... Of course if the call wasn't delivered to server by D-Bus you
can prevent it being sent, but that's not the key issue.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri