Hi,

> The Bobs will only have write access to their own dev branches (on all
> repositories), and be able to create their own dev repositories. They
> will not be able to commit to master, or create any other branches.
>
> The idea behind having Bobs is that Bobs will be able to easily
> collaborate and contribute to projects without the need to mirror the
> repos to github.
>
> Unfortunately, there are a few technical difficulties in achieving
> that,
> but if it is something you are interested in, I will take a better look
> into how to achieve it.

In we imagine only "devs" would be able to create "boobs" account (by
creating the needed directory/info.txt and pushing ssh key to the
devs.git), then we could add a specific info.txt field indicating the
level access like

   Level: root                # RW+C on every branches
   Level: developer|b0rker    # RW on every branches, RW+C on devs/USER
   Level: bob|mentored|junior # RW+C on devs/USER

With that field, we can associate users in different classes of system
group.

Then, using GL_GET_MEMBERSHIPS_PGM in gitolite (the program have to
return the
groups associated to the user, see
http://gitolite.com/gitolite/g2/rc.html) and
adjusting gitolite permissions for groups, that it something we may
achieve with
not so much pain.

Without using GL_GET_MEMBERSHIPS_PGM, we also can just build the group
and member
association to a specific gitolite config file, and then include it in
main config.
This has the down side that new user will not be known by gitolite until
the gitolite
configuration is compiled.