On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:50:58 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:28:48 +0000 Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com> said:
>
> > On 04/11/13 12:25, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> > > why not in enlightenment.git/src/modules? This is generally useful and
> > > simple, should go there and not in an extra location.
> > >

> > See previous discussion about feature-freeze. I think this should be
> > allowed in as this feature-freeze is too long anyway, and this is not a
> > core-affecting module. However, I don't feel like arguing.
>
> i would agree - as at current rate it'll be another 1.5 or so until any e18
> release.

the point of a feature freeze is to prepare for release. yes, this has been a
long one, but we're in a great position for release with very few remaining
bugs. given that there's still things which need to be REMOVED before the E18
final release, I don't seen why we would start adding more now. this is doubly
true considering that I'm still going to be gone for another couple weeks and
thus unable to fix any other bugs which arise.

the E19 release cycle is going to be much shorter, with plenty of time to get
things like this merged. there's no rush to get all the shiny new features in
just because we're afraid the next release will never come.