On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:26:06 -0500 Michael Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:12:18 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:54:27 -0500 Michael Blumenkrantz
> > <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> > > I guess that's possible.

> > > These requests should still execute as expected since they come directly
> > > from X handlers, and so they would fall right through to the expected
> > > outcome of performing the resize but without doing any non-instant canvas
> > > operations.
> >
> > focus is still done in the idler before in e_client, as are internal
> > ecore-evas windows resized there. the zone is changed/set there too based
> > on geometry changes, placement of new windows is done there too... (what
> > happens if someone opens a new window while screensaver is on?) the client
> > hooks used by tiling/illume etc. are called there too... :) i smell you'll
> > have a series of buglets there.
>
> All of these things still happen, just not until the screen wakes up. New
> windows were, in fact, the entire reason for adding this. As proof, if you
> blank your screen and open a new window (or several) on a timer, you'll
> actually see the focus animation(s) play just as your screen wakes up, and
> focus will be set on the new window.

hint - have you tried plugging in/unplugging a monitor while screensaver is on?
since app isnt assigned to a zone yet.. what happens? e is meant to handle a
monitor removal by shuffling apps that were on that screen to the current one.
what if you ssh in while screen is blanked and xrandr add/remove screens?