> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:30:06 -0600
> From: jeffhoogl...@linux.com
> To: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [E-devel] 1.9.0-alpha1 Pre-release: EFL, Elementary,
> Evas_Generic_Loaders, Emotion_Generic_Players
>
> Can I make a request that once the 1.9.x branch makes it to a stable
> release we keep all components at the same version number like had been
> done for 1.7.x in the past?
>
> Having 1.8.x at three different version numbers is a pain to keep track of
> packagingwise.

I believe the stated advantage was that packagers shouldn't need to rebuild
everything if there were no changes. That didn't work, though, since elementary
and emotion_generic_loaders have files in a dir that's specific to the version
of EFL they was built for. The only thing that was really saved was rebuilding
evas_generic_loaders.