Hello.

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 00:20, Davide Andreoli wrote:

> > > I'm for for the one week slip, I'm finding lots of new issue in the
> > emotion
> > > vlc backend that need to be fixed.
> >
> > I need something more concrete than this vague statement. :)
> >
> > What issues are you seeing?
> > Why are they urgent out of the blue? The emotion vlc backend is only
> > in emotion_generic_players and not in efl and there have been almost
> > now work on it for some time. I have problem to understand why it
> > becomes so urgent a week before the release. I want to get people out
> > of the habit to do it all just before the release. :)
> >

> Sorry for the vague statement, but I'm still investigate on the problems
> and
> how to fix them.
> Bugs I know in the vlc engine are:
>
> 1. setting volume and mute does not work if you set them before the
> video has fully started (volume is really annoying, as the video always
> start with the wrong value)

Indeed annoying but as raster stated there would be a workaround for
now.

> 2. randomly (but quite frequently) the video stop playing and the player
> die.
> This usually happen at least one time in a 20min video, is hard to
> see a whole video without at least a crash.

Hmm, to be honest I have a hard time to see a bug get fixed in the one
week delay which happens randomly and might even be in vlc or our
code. Sounds like a longer journey to fix it.

> I don't know if we want to consider those as showstopper (I do) but a week
> delay
> shouldn't hurt too much imo.

The real question is if the week would help to actually fix these
bugs. I would think that these problems also show up with emoton
generic players 1.8.1, right?

In the bigger picture for me they look like bugs but not showstoppers
for the whole release because a) emotion generic players is really a
small component compared to efl and elementary and b) these bugs are
lingering around for a long time or are related to libvlc changes.

In any case I might still be willing to delay for a week for these
issues. Lets see on Friday or Monday where we stand with these.

regards
Stefan Schmidt