Hello.

On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 00:23, Davide Andreoli wrote:

> > >:

> > seen

> > due to

> > folks

> > 03.03.2014). Do

> > > Sorry for the vague statement, but I'm still investigate on the problems
> > > and
> > > how to fix them.
> > > Bugs I know in the vlc engine are:
> > >
> > > 1. setting volume and mute does not work if you set them before the
> > > video has fully started (volume is really annoying, as the video always
> > > start with the wrong value)
> >
> > Indeed annoying but as raster stated there would be a workaround for
> > now.
> >
> > > 2. randomly (but quite frequently) the video stop playing and the player
> > > die.
> > > This usually happen at least one time in a 20min video, is hard to
> > > see a whole video without at least a crash.
> >
> > Hmm, to be honest I have a hard time to see a bug get fixed in the one
> > week delay which happens randomly and might even be in vlc or our
> > code. Sounds like a longer journey to fix it.
> >
> > > I don't know if we want to consider those as showstopper (I do) but a
> > week
> > > delay
> > > shouldn't hurt too much imo.
> >
> > The real question is if the week would help to actually fix these
> > bugs. I would think that these problems also show up with emoton
> > generic players 1.8.1, right?
> >

> yep, all the 1.8 series are bugged. And yes, I'm not sure a week will be
> enough
> ...but I'm trying :)

I'm happy to see this. :)

> > In the bigger picture for me they look like bugs but not showstoppers
> > for the whole release because a) emotion generic players is really a
> > small component compared to efl and elementary and b) these bugs are
> > lingering around for a long time or are related to libvlc changes.
> >

> ok, they are not showstopper. But I'm not happy to do another release with
> those bugs in.

Sure, it would be better to have them fixed before doing the release.
I just have to balance between the pain dragging the release longer
and not letting people bring in their new work and the pain to release
with known bugs. Its not a fixed line one can draw sadly. I guess I
will see where we are on Monday.

> > In any case I might still be willing to delay for a week for these
> > issues. Lets see on Friday or Monday where we stand with these.
> >

> I will keep you informed :)

Thanks a lot!

regards
Stefan Schmidt